By connecting to our server and using our website, discord and other services provided directly or indirectly by the MineFrost Network you agree to all the following rules.
To appeal a punishment you feel may have been unjust or a misunderstanding, please use our appeal discord channel. If you see a player breaking the rules, and there are no active staff online in the moment, please submit a player report here.
Please note that we cannot list all possible situations and ways to break a rule. As a general guideline, please use common sense. If you do not spam, harass others or try to gain an unfair advantage in any way, then you can generally assume you are not breaking any rules.
Please be respectful and kind to others. This goes to forums as well; do not write things that will be considered rude, that may hurt someone’s feelings in the end. We also do not allow, in any circumstances:
- Discrimination against religion
- Any kind of Discrimination
Respect all staff:
Please do not argue with a judgement by one of our staff members. If you have a problem with one of our staff and you feel they are abusing you/others, report it on the forums, don’t start arguments in public nor harass members of the staff team to try to prove a point.
Trolling can be anything from silly messages, to jokes taken wrongly, to harassment. Trolling between friends, in which both (or more) parties are cool with it, is allowed. Trolling with the intent of grief or offense, on the other hand, is forbidden.
Harassment is also not allowed. Harassment is:
- Any rude, offensive, or inappropriate comments at somebody
- Constantly bothering someone who has expressed a wish to be left alone
- Deliberately causing unnecessary drama for somebody.
- Threatening other players with e.g. ddos, dox, swatting. These cases are treated with extra severity, regardless if it is said sarcastically or as a joke.
Excessive use of profanity is punishable.
This does apply as well to IGNs on the Server AND Forums.
Some obvious examples of Inappropriate IGNs would include these words (Although, context matters, just because it has the word, for example, f*ck, doesn’t mean it is bannable):
N*gger (and N*gga)
If you see a name that seems suspicious and isn’t on this list, please contact a member of Staff. Anyone with an inappropriate name will be permanently banned from the server until the name is changed (After the name is changed, you may request an unban at our Ban Appeal section)
Spam is not allowed at all. This means:
Sending the same message over repeatedly in a short time
Using fancy letters to get your message noticed
Example: “<*>*<*> IM AMAZING <*>*<*>”, “#$#$# SAY HI TO ME #$#$#”, or “L()()K ———>”.
Using a form of caps protection bypass is not allowed, as it bybasses the “restricted caps” rule and you will be warned for it on the spot if the intention is clear.
Example: “WILLY IS COOL (caps protection)”.
It is counted as spam, and is a reportable and punishable offence.
Spamming reports, with the clear intention to provoke staff members, is also not allowed. These type of provokations will be handled accordingly to the severity of that specific case.
Encouraging spam is also not allowed. That being said, saying things like, “say _ if _” are forbidden, and players who do this will be warned.
Examples: “Say ‘I’ if you live in the USA” or “ OMG!! ASFJerome is online in BuildIt!!!”
Doing any form of instigation, with successful results, will get you warned for spamming, and can result in a temporary mute or ban.
Advertising server IPs are not allowed, no exceptions. Links of any kind are also not allowed, with only these exceptions:
- A thread from the Minefrost forums
- A YouTube video that was made on the Minefrost server or a twitch link where you are streaming on the Minefrost server (We do check and will suitably punish accordingly)
- A link to a picture related to the server.
- A Livestream link (providing you’re streaming on our server) – A suitable countdown for this would be at least every 5-10 minutes
However, spamming these links could be taken as spamming and warned just the same.
Anything that isn’t included in these 3 examples above can be sent over PM. However please make sure you do NOT click anything you are unsure of. There is an announcement on the server that appears each time a link is sent in PM. This is for a reason.
Spambots are special cases, in which an individual may get dozens if not hundreds of accounts to spam our chats to advertise things. Once these accounts are reported/caught, they will be permanently banned.
If for some reason an individual decides to copy what the Spambot says and ends up being banned, they may make a ban appeal, which will lead to their unban more certainly.
Performing any of the following with an alternative account is NOT allowed (in our network):
- Using an alternative account to bypass a ban/mute on your main account.
- Using it for personal or other account advantages
- Creating a troll alternative account.
- Attempting to harass someone anonymously.
If for any reason the above is broken by an alt account, both the main and alt account(s) are held accountable for it, and may result in massive consequences, such as heavy bans and extended ban time.
If for any reason any of the above is broken by an alt account, both the main and alt account(s) are held accountable for it, and will result, like explained previously, in banning the accounts for the original ban length. Or on more extreme cases, in an extension of the ban.
Quite simple, do not impersonate a player that has an existing account.
- If you impersonate staff, well known YouTubers, or other members of the community, you will face consequences.
- If you take someones recently unused name, that will not be considered impersonation. Yet, if you act like that and pretend to be them, then that is against our rules.
- The command /nick should be used for just nicknames, fun names or appropriate subjects, not something that can be displayed as an impersonation or inappropriate.
Impersonation is fine in a joking and friendly manner, but only when the person being impersonated is okay with the situation
The auction house is a convenience for players to sell items to other players.
- The auction house is NOT a place to dump trash items. We have /trash for that.
- Selling items with outrageous prices is not allowed.
- No we will not give you a hard line of what is considered outrageous. Use that noggin of yours and common sense. I know, it’s hard, but we believe in you.
- The auction house is not an advertising board. Items placed that advertise anything is not allowed.
If for any reason the above is not followed the player will get the following actions:
- 1st offense: warning
- 2nd offense: 1 day ban
- 3rd offense: 3 day ban
- 4th offense: 1 week ban
- 5th offense: permanent ban
You are allowed to host giveaways and contests with prizes on the Server/Forums/Discord, but it must be limited to our network.
Scamming, making fake giveaways and contests for personal gain will not be allowed and you will be punished if you do so.
We do not condone real world trading. Do not sell in-game items or other virtual items for real world money.
Selling Minecraft/Network accounts is forbidden.
Caution: Careful who you accept gifts from, some have been known to use this to blackmail. While this blackmail is not allowed, you should still be careful.
Scamming is when a player steals your in-game money by not keeping their part of a deal. An example would be saying that you’re selling 64 diamond blocks for $1,000,000, but after they pay you the money, you don’t give your part of the deal; therefore, stealing their money. When reporting a scam, the evidence must include the entire conversation between you and the scammer, or action will not be taken.
Scamming real life money may be worthy of a permanent ban. If a player is not scammed real life money, even if it was part of some sort of deal, the ban will be of the regular scamming length.
Scams must involve an exchange of in-game items or currency, or real life money in order to be punished by a staff member. Any other type of informal agreements are own responsibility, as there is no way for staff members to handle these type of deals.
PVP bypassing is when players kill other players with water, lava, flint and steel, and other ways in areas where PVP is not enabled.
When reporting a bypasser, make sure to include either:
- A video, showing the PVP bypass as it is happening
- Screenshots that have enough proof (things such as screenshots of their IGN, server, etc)
Abusing any bugs, glitches, and/or exploits is not allowed
All bugs, glitches, and exploits are to be reported in the “Report Bugs” section of the forums as soon as possible.
work in progress