Closed Official Minefrost Bi-Weekly Giveaway 12/31/16 - 01/14/17

Discussion in 'Events / Giveaways' started by CutieKayScarlet, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CutieKayScarlet

CutieKayScarlet Senior Moderator
    Staff Member Senior Moderator

Giveaway #18

Welcome to our 18th weekly giveaway! If you haven't already, please read the informational thread located here.
    There has been a change to the giveaways, that being that we will now post once every two weeks.

Remember, failure to follow any of the guidelines in the informational threads will result in your name not being entered in the weekly giveaway.

To enter this giveaway, simply comment your answer to the prompt below with your In-Game Name

Please answer with detail and make sure it is legible or else your answer will not be entered into the drawing.

The rewards for this week are as listed:
    • 1st) $40,000
    • 2nd) $35,000
    • 3rd) $30,000
    There's also a chance that those just participating will earn 5-10 thousand in game. ;)

Are you all ready for the New Year? New Year questions are normally generic, but we'll try to ask you something different.
    What is your take on change?
    Are you willing to change for the benefit of you and everyone else around you? Or will you shut it off because it isn't in your comfort zone?

Have fun! The winners' names will be drawn on January 14th, 2017

#1 CutieKayScarlet, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  2. Pahee99

Pahee99 Active Member

Pahee99
    Well.... this is a weird question. But, I think that changing some of the small things in life to better yourself can be good. For example.... trying to lose weight or cut back on certain things are thing that people do which are good. Though, the big changes in life can be tricky because you usually want to please everyone and it's not always possible when dealing with big changes. So, I think that change can be good as long as you feel that it's right, instead of listening solely to others opinions of your change.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zagrid

Zagrid Senior Member

The only thing the does not change is that there will always be change. Whether if anyone likes it or not the world will change and if they want to keep living they must adjust. That is just the world we live it. Anyway yeah I think change is awesome because I can like only focus on 1 thing for a few hours before I get bored. So change is my day to day life.

IGN: Zagrid

#3 Zagrid, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2017
  4. SmartTabby

SmartTabby Member

IGN: SmartTabby
    Change isn't something that can be shut off as there are some things that will change no matter what is done with your time. If change is done solely to please other people then that change can become regret in the future. I've promised myself that, no matter what peer pressure comes along in my life, I will be the real me. There is no need for me to lie or fake who I am as a person in order to please others. To change a part of me is to better myself instead of manipulating my image to those around.

#4 SmartTabby, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CutieKayScarlet

*Not to be included in the drawing*
    IGN: CutieKayScarlet
    Change is something I welcome in with closed arms... if it makes any sense. I realize I will never stop changing, however, it is crucial to me that I don't drastically change within the span of a short time. It is something I fear will eventually take over my life if it hasn't already. To me, change is something that I wish came with a foreseeable future, as I am terrified of the extreme unexpected.

Take, for the purpose of example, that you are a young and adventurous soul at the ripe age of ten, and your older teenaged brother who is less enjoying of nature both sit on the swing chair stationed in front of the backyard. Your brother, who is less than happy to be enjoying the great scenic view of the vast nature ahead of you, stares down at his cell phone, or game device while you happily trace every ant that passes by, every fly what whizzes past, and suddenly you see an odd and very beautiful robin land on a branch an arms distance away from you. The bird wasn't moving its left wing.
    You stare at its beauty and beckon your brother to see what you see. As your brother looks up from his device, he glances at the feathered creature and quickly swats it away, and looks back down. You look up towards the sky expecting to see the bird off on its journey, but you don't. "Where could it be?" you ask yourself, searching the skyline with your eyes until you realized. The bird had a damaged wing. As you look down, you notice the robin hobbling away.
    Emotionally taken aback by the state of the poor creature, you decide to take the bird in, (asking your parents' permissions first) and take as much care as you can to get it nursed back to health. You noticed a few red dots on the bird's back, and as you came to know it, it was its birthmark. A few months later, you let it go back into the real world.
    Life went on as usual for you, until your brother came home yelling profanities at this bird that hit his car window while he was driving.

I don't actually know if this is something that could happen, I altered it to fit as much into my relatability than reality.

However, this shows that something you work on for a long time can be ruined in a short time span. This is how I explain (to the best of my ability) change for me. I fear the chance that my tiny changes to improve myself will be destroyed in a short amount of time. Kind of like a "For 365 days, I will stand in front of the mirror and tell myself that I can be whoever I am" only to find out on the 364th day that what I've been telling myself things that only undermine me more.

Long story short, I find change to be scary. As essential as it may be, I am sure that I will always be afraid of it. Pain for the greater good is better than suffering for the bad guys.

This is a warning for those that seem to yet again, not read the directions. This will be the last warning. Put your In Game Name when you reply. Thanks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. MrDubz

MrDubz Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Senior Member

IGN: TheDublord
    I would say if I had to change something I could. I am not that excited for change, but if something were to change, I would be ok with it. I have almost never help up to a new years' resolution because either I couldn't think of one that would be realistic or I would set one and soon find out that I could NEVER keep it.

Things happen right? Nobody can control what will happen tomorrow, sure you could be careful one day so you can make sure you don't mess up the next, but nobody knows what will happen. You can predict what will happen, but you do not know for sure. Change is one of those things, it may suddenly happen, it may slowly happen over time. If I had to change for the better I think I could. As someone said, " change is not something you can just shut off", change is like evolution in a way, you have to eventually change, and come out of your shell. If you do not, it could be hazardous to your mental health, meeting people in real life, not online, shows a sort of willingness, many people have it. Anyone can forge an online persona and nobody (that I know) is afraid to "troll" or mess around with people online, but to do it in real life could have serious reverberations with the people you "prank".

I think another example would be if for all your time on a minecraft server forum you were asked to put your in-game-name in the comment so you can receive your reward, but you never did. If that person were not very OK with change, they would continue to not put their IGN in the comment, but if they were OK with change, them they would start putting their IGN in the comments.

(Sorry if you see any mistakes I didn't catch, I type way to fast for my own good, I read over it, but I may have missed something.)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Psychology_

Psychology_ Senior Member
    Senior Member Forum Pro

In game name: claytonevans3

- Change is something my mind hasn't been very welcoming to. As complex as the human mind is, mine seems as basic as all I can do is mow lawns. I will tell you about various changes in my life that haven't affected me in a good way...or I didn't let it. In 2005 I was sitting in my house in Mechanicsville, Maryland. I was watching a show you guys might not watch called that 70's show (which isn't exactly a show for a 6 year old to watch). I was eating chicken nuggets and French fries. My life was going good. All of the sudden My mother walked in the living room and told me to get in the car so she could take me some where. I told her yes ma'am and got in the car. We drove to a storage unit where I saw some of my fathers things. I asked her why dads things were in there and she told me that her and him won't be together anymore. I didn't understand, mom and dad are exposed to be together forever right? Why won't they be together anymore? She told me that they just argue to much. I told her that I would not accept it, I would not accept the change. We had moved to South Carolina to live near my moms family while my dad had to stay in North Carolina because of his job. I could only see him every two weeks. I hated it. I rebelled in any way I could. I acted out, I argued, I played pranks to get peoples attention, and I would just not speak to people sometimes at all. It did not help much at all at school. I started going to the office everyday. I became what ignorant people call "the class clown". The class clown is not exactly the right term. I learned this in the 7th grade when I had started randomly crying at times. I didn't know why when it was really repressed memories I hadn't let come out. I started up on medicine that made me depressed. The doctors didn't realize it and I didn't realize it was the medicine. The medicine made me sad and just dead inside. I had suicidal thoughts almost everyday. I had felt like giving up on life and I was only in the 7th grade. Around that time a girl I was "in love with" killed herself. We were best friends and it made me second guess things people normally wouldn't second guess. I skipped school and sometimes just broke down in class. I gained over 50 lbs. My life was in shambles and I felt I couldn't do anything about it. On top of my mom marrying an abusive step father who didn't care about me or my family. He worked us morning to day on the weekends and we never really had "free time". One day I was doing online school and forgot to clean my room that day. I told him I was going on a bike ride cause it was apart of my online school. He told me no I had to clean my room. I told him I missed the bike ride the day before and needed to make it up. He told me no and I begged he cursed at me and slapped me. I lashed saying you really don't care do you. He said he didn't care if I graduated or not. I told my mother that I was tired of his abuse and if he even laid a hand on my sister I would get my father involved. Well a couple months later they separated and got divorced. I moved to goose creek and made new friends and now I am here. Happy and living life. Changed has never been positive in my life except for moving here even then I had moved out of a nice neighborhood where life long friends lived that I could see whenever I wanted. They are family to me and always will be. I hate change it just isn't in my comfort zone. New Years is just another year everyone. Another year, another month, another week, another day. If change comes my way I will do whatever I can to well avoid it. Unless its change I can do positive things with. Any changed I've been forced into is never positive. But even with all I can do to try and avoid it, all we can do is make it pending longer. It is inevitable, it is human nature to have change. The mind is designed to adapt to changes in life. It sucks but I have to get over it. I don't allow change but change wont allow me to avoid it. Everyone needs to live their life and think of it as a gift. Live it by your standards and don't conform to others to change who you are. Be you not the flip side.

"When someone says you have changed. It simply means you have stopped living their way and started living by yours"

"

8. Gr4yson0306

Gr4yson0306 Newly Registered

IGN:GR4YSON0306 Well... change i dont know change is hard for some and sometimes and its not some other times
    my opinion is well just i would change for others and myself more for others though

9. 1danson

1danson Newly Registered

What is your take on change?
    For me Change is something that everybody goes through. We as humans sometimes tend to do the same thing over and over, but that leads to one being repetitive and wanting to have more of an upbeat way to do things like; Going down the same road every day, maybe today you will go down another road and see what is different. For me though I like to have some change here and there so that way I can have more of a happy life then a boring one.

Are you willing to change for the benefit of you and everyone else around you? Or will you shut it off because it isn't in your comfort zone?
    To this I answer, I will change for the benefit of others and myself depending on the situation at hand.

Minecraft Name is 1danson

• Like Like x 1
  10. Percules

Percules Senior Member
    Senior Member Forum Pro

I believe change is inevitable. Change will always happen and it might be either positive for you or negative for you. You can choose whether you want to turn that negative into that positive. For example if you were to be held back a grade you choose whether you will try harder next time or just quit on life and feel sorry for yourself. I am usually open to change and I twist change around to benefit me. I am always willing to change for the benefit of myself and everyone else around me. For example when I first joined minefrost I was very immature and couldn't control my maturity. During my time at minefrost I learned to control my maturity and got to be part of the staff team when many believed I could never make it.
    Rip...sorry it's short...I'm not very good with words
    IGN: Percules

• Like Like x 1
  11. CutieKayScarlet

Winners have been picked!

1st) @Percules
    2nd) @1danson
    3rd) @Pahee99

Winners, your money will be put into your accounts. Everyone else who entered will receive $10,000 in-game cash.

Thank you for participating. If you guys want to, our next bi-weekly is out, located here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.