My Recommended Nickname & IGN Explination

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by MKSMetro, Mar 10, 2017.

?

Did this clear up any confusion?

1. Yes, it did. Thanks MK!

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Uh... What?

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. No, it didn't. I still have additional questions (Comment Below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MKSMetro

MKSMetro Active Member

I believe this needs to be said, so if there are future incidents of this I can address them to this posting...

I believe the IGN I changed to is causing newer members of the Minecraft Community to change my nickname in general. If some of you notice on our Discord server, the nickname set for me is MK (although I will still have my IGN next to it...) and not "MKS" or "Metro".

I don't want to sound irritated, like I picked a confusing IGN to screw with everyone, so I'll briefly explain the purpose behind my choosing it. I believe I explained my introduction to Minecraft and MineFrost, which you can read here, but I left quite a bit out about how I chose my ever-so-important username specifically that I believe it now needs it's own post in order to shed light on this issue, exterminating it once and for all...

The initial idea was to name my YouTube channel "Megakid Studios", after the fact of a superhero I designed called "The Megakid", which I still model my main character skin to this day. After much debate and fighting over the years, I eventually added to it, officially becoming "Megakid Studios Metro", to nod my hat to the group I was in at the time called "The Metro's Crew". The owner of the group gave me all he had left of it when he disbanded the gang, and my clever mind tweaked my name to be what it is today: MKSMetro. This, of course, was about the middle of May in 2016. After my Summer Break of that same year, I decided to update all accounts I had to match this name, and reestablish my version of my formerly subordinated legacy as "TheMetroCrew", which is the team name of the Skyblock Island. And, as they say in grand tales, the rest beyond is just recent history, needing no explanation.

The owner of the group was nicknamed "Overlord Metro", and I don't want to talk much about him anymore... except that his name to me outside of TMC was Zane, and he taught me everything me and my brother know about Building. I never liked walking in his footsteps, even now that he's gone. But any Phycologist would agree that this is why I may sound a little more ticked off in my "Call me MK" responces whenever someone mistakingly calls me "Metro" than "MKS".

As to the "MKS" deal, it's basically connected to the "Megakid Studios" part of the above story. I sometimes call my family and closest neighborhood friends the "MKS Family" to somewhat hide the last names of everyone, as there are over a dozen different names that I collectively put into this group.

I sure hope this cleared any misconceptions out there for those who don't use Discord. If you do, please feel free to drop an @ or a DM to me whenever I am online (@MKSMetro#8445), and you can also follow me on Twitter (@MK_MKSMetro - Gaming; @MKSM_Arnold - Personal) and be sure to stop by my island (/is warp MKSMetro when open to visitors) Thanks Everyone! I'll be seeing you all a lot over these next few days as I head into my Spring Break!

-MK

2. MKSMetro

MKSMetro Active Member

For those whom got here from the tweet I sent out today: some of this might not make sense to you all. Regardless, I thank you for clicking it.