Denied /commands

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by UpFrontRogue, Sep 9, 2018.

1. UpFrontRogue

UpFrontRogue Active Member

I think a great addition to MineFrost would be /commands. after using /commands, you get brought up with a screen of different commands like /fly, /craft, /smelt, and /sj (Super Jump), which you can buy commands for in game money. Of course, they will cost a good bit (seeing there is only 2 ways of getting /fly rn), and this will take some time to come up with more commands, and how drawing out all the lines of code will take absolute ages if there isn't a plugin for it, but I would love to see this in our beloved community. I hope you ponder on this well and decide to do this suggestion.

2. MrDubz

MrDubz Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Senior Member

Well if those that bought a rank paid attention to what they were getting, they would know what commands they do/dont have access to.

3. TheChangingMob

TheChangingMob Senior Moderator
    Staff Member Senior Moderator Senior Member Forum Pro

I'm confused as to how this relates to the original post, but a command in-game which lists what commands each rank can access is pretty useful, especially for regular sb, since I'm pretty sure the commands for that server are not listed anywhere. In addition, this could help quell the questions "What does [insert rank here] give?" some, albeit lazy, players might ask.

However, I disagree with the premise of the original post. By allowing players to buy such commands with in-game money, wealthier players would be able to just chuck money at others to help them obtain a command they themselves have not ground for. I also think that the fact that /fly is enabled for everyone on Fridays eliminates the need for there to be another way to obtain it.

4. MrDubz

MrDubz Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Senior Member

i mean like the people that bought the rank should know the commands they have. But its still useful for those old players with ranks coming back form the dead after a few years.

5. Magarathin

Magarathin Head Admin
    Staff Member Administrator Administrator

The pending status is for a /help GUI listing commands. There would be no purchasing of commands

6. UpFrontRogue

UpFrontRogue Active Member

Even the wealthy would be risking a lot of money on /fly. I should cost like 300M so it's not easily obtainable by anyone but people that are willing, or have another currency just for the commands, that way everyone starts from scratch and no one can share their currency.

7. Magarathin

Magarathin Head Admin
    Staff Member Administrator Administrator

I misread this originally. I thought it was just for a GUI to pop up when someone typed /help. As for purchasing commands with in game money, that's a no go at this time.

Thank you for the suggestion, though. I encourage you to keep them coming and not get discouraged if they are not implemented. You never know. :)