Accepted [Ban] SmartTabby [BeachBab123]

Discussion in 'Ban / Mute Appeals' started by SmartTabby, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmartTabby

SmartTabby Member

In-game name: SmartTabby
    Link to your infractions record: http://www.minefrost.net/bans/index.php?action=viewplayer&player=SmartTabby&server=0
    Exact reason for Mute / Ban as said on record: Afk mining
    Do you believe this was an incorrect ban / mute?: Yes, told my brother to hold down the left click while I go do my chores.
    Why do you think you were banned / muted: My brother didn't respond to the "hello" that was said in chat
    What rule do you think you broke: None
    Why do you think you should be unbanned / unmuted: I left for a few minutes, and wasn't even in an AFK pool. My brother, a human, was holding down the left-click button as I did my chores which took no more than 3 minutes.

I was going to invite my friends to play on my island today, but now I cant. :(

2. Cap

Cap Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Looking into this.

3. MrDubz

MrDubz Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Senior Member

I think the main thing is that you have to be responsive, so if your brother had responded, you would have been fine (I think). Also
    If I didn't trust anyone I could say that 987654321kaboom is one of your alt's and that he should be banned for ban evasion, but that is the worse that could happen.
    The rules also say:
    "AFK Mining / Fishing / etc is not allowed."

So you did break rule, you could have been afk at spawn.

4. SmartTabby

SmartTabby Member

I understand the point of a no afk rule, but I just left the computer to my brother for 3 minutes. That isn't even the time that most auto AFK console kicks last for. Even for 5 minutes I understand. The idea of leaving the keyboard for 3 minutes and getting banned for it seems weird to me. My brother is upset. My friends are angry and this all seems quite pointless for 3 minutes of mining.

Can you at least tell my brother that it's not his fault?

5. MrDubz

MrDubz Moderator

Really not his fault, it would be more you than him. The afk limit for the console is set at 35 mins (or around that). If you just went to spawn, none of this would have happened, I would have just tempbanned you, a full ban is kinda unreasonable for just 3 mins or AFK, you were mining, so I can see the factor in that I don't know, I am sure Beach can shed some light on this. Technically you were afk, I do not think your brother really counts as "being there".

6. SmartTabby

SmartTabby Member

Log excerpt:
    [17:24:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] **YOU READY YOUR PICKAXE**
    [17:24:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] **SUPER BREAKER ACTIVATED**

[17:27:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [[Mod]iiBeachii[Sponsor] -> me] hello

[17:27:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] SmartTabby has been temporarily banned for 2 days by Beachbab123 for Afk Mining
    [17:29:00] [Client thread/INFO]: Connecting to play.minefrost.net, 25565
    [17:29:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] >> Teleporting to spawn.

7. SmartTabby

SmartTabby Member

What would count as "being there"?
    I frequently turn off chat to avoid chat conversations such as:
    [17:26:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Islander] Blarghs » XD means laughter.
    [17:26:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Legend]kKarateDog4Lifek » ik
    [17:26:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Islander] Rage__Machine » It also means autism.
    as this really offends me.

I wasn't there to see if Beach went un-vanish or not. If she didn't, then my brother might have not even seen the message because the chat was off.

8. MrDubz

MrDubz Moderator

Ok, so you were tempbanned, did you read the rules for apply for an unban/unmute?

The thread with the format says in big, bold, red letters "Appeals are only for mutes over 1 day and bans over 3 days, unless you believe it was an incorrect ban." and according to the rules, it was not an incorrect ban. I have waited 2 days to wait out a ban on (insert popular server here) for 2 days, it is not bad, I have other servers to play on. As I said, you were AFK, your brother does not count "technically".

9. MrDubz

MrDubz Moderator

And there was another mistake, you turned off your chat. You can /ignore people, and if it really offends you, report it...
    I would say that "being there" would count as being there, at your keyboard, being responsive.

10. SmartTabby

SmartTabby Member

If a person who I have not said anything to says something vulgar in chat then I cant mute them. My parents have set these rules so that my brother can play minecraft in a safe environment free from people like that.

It is a rule that my parents set, and it is an option in minecraft that I, as someone who lives under my parent's roof, must follow.

I didn't intentionally try to bypass your rules, and nowhere in the rules does it say that you must have chat on. I've played on DeadX before and I know that their community is a bit toxic. I only turned chat off for the sake of my brother's safety.

I'm sorry for not being there and I'm sorry for protecting my brother from chat. I wont have him mine for me again this whole thing stemmed from him wanting to help and me saying okay. So yes, it is my fault.

11. SmartTabby

SmartTabby Member

I really dont care if I were to see it. My brother isn't allowed to see things like that, so we turn chat off. As it is a minecraft option, Me and my parents thought it was a good solution to the problem.

I choose not to go and free the community of toxic people because
    A. I dont care, and it's not worth my time
    B. People can say things they dont mean, and extensive banning/muting seems excessive
    C. There will always be someone new coming on and saying something bad. It's a public chat system
    D. Reports take time out of everyone's day.

Banning for turning off chat is like banning someone because they have their render distance is set too high. It's an option in minecraft and nobody told me I had to have it on.

12. MrDubz

MrDubz Moderator

I can understand if it is a rule, I would make it known to online staff should you go AFK. And next time you AFK you should just go to /spawn. You really don't need to turn off your chat, if you do, warn staff...

13. Zagrid

Zagrid Senior Member

Wait wait wait... Can I just point out that rage machines said that? I think that this could also be a player report too. As far as your ban I think that it was incorrect since you only left for like 3 mins and beach just decided to check you right as you left. Also it should say that you have been teleported by a person to check if you are afk mining. Since I don't see the log of Beach teleporting you then that means that she did to the check wrong and your brother might have moved or called you over if he saw your character move all of the sudden. So that is my 2 cents.

14. MrDubz

MrDubz Moderator

I understand the rules you/your parents set. It is a 2 day ban, wait it out. Your brother has no part in this really, I can see you want to protect him from the occasional inappropriate things people say but it is a tempban, you acted like it was a full permanent ban. I cannot do anything, I just wanted to sort this out with you, just so you know.

15. SmartTabby

SmartTabby Member

What is the way that they do the check? I'm going to bed and my brother's asleep, but I can ask him tomorrow if he saw something happen.

16. Zagrid

Zagrid Senior Member

Btw off topic but your quote is a little wrong for you signature. It is "I reject your reality and substitute my own".

17. MrDubz

MrDubz Moderator

Zag must have been on when you were, I am not sure. It is also getting late for me, I shall go to bed after I see zag's post. Zag has his ways though...

18. Zagrid

Zagrid Senior Member

The check is
    Msg player wait 10-20 seconds
    Msg player again wait 10-20 seconds
    Msg player again (optional)
    Tp player away from the mining area and wait for a reaction 10-20 seconds
    If they don't move and keep swinging then that would be a punishment.

19. MrDubz

MrDubz Moderator

Ouch, wow, any reasoning behind that? I get there are rules, I am 14, still living under my parents rules, I get what she is doing.

20. SmartTabby

SmartTabby Member

There was only one message shown in the log, not that my brother could see it anyways

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.